- 1974-1976 (Jülich, Germany)
- Born in Jülich, near Aachen, (West) Germany.
- Dad, Dr. Adel AbdelAziz AbdelGawad, earned his Ph.D. in Robotics at the Kernforschungsanlage (KFA, the Nuclear Research Centre) in Jülich (1976). [Earlier (1962), while in Egypt, dad ranked 1st nationwide in the General Secondary/High School Exam - Math Subdivision.]
1976-1980 (Sheffield, UK)
- Moved to UK.
- Mom, Prof. Dr. Hadia Hanem Ahmed AbouDonia, earned her Ph.D. in Microbiology at the University of Sheffield (1980).
1980-2001 (Alexandria, Egypt)
- Elnasr Boys’ School (EBS; graduated 1992).
- Alex. University, Faculty of Engineering (FoE), Computer Science Dept.:
- B.Sc. in 1997 (Grad. Project: HFR - Human Face Recognition).
- M.Sc. in 2001 (2DEM Encryption Mode).
2001-2008 (Houston, TX, USA)
- Rice University:
- ≅M.Sc. in 2005 (upgrading DynamicJava inside DrJava to support Java 5.0).
- Ph.D. in 2011 (modeling generic nominally-typed OOP).
- Visited Seattle, Galveston, San Jose, San Francisco, New Jersey, New York, and San Antonio.
2005-2006 (Lausanne, Switzerland; Europe; KSA & Jordan)
- Scala internship at EPFL.
- Visited Zürich, Geneva, and Bern.
- Visited Evian (France), then Köln/Cologne, Aachen, and Jülich (Germany).
- Visited Mecca/Makkah and Madinah (KSA) for Hajj, and Amman (Jordan).
2008-2011 (Alexandria, Egypt)
- Egyptian revolution in Jan. 2011.
- Ph.D. defense (NOOP) in Oct. 2011.
2012-2016 (Alexandria, Egypt)
- Mom passed away in Jan. 2012.
- Married in Oct. 2012.
- ISDT’13/NWPT’13/ENTCS (OO Inheritance⇔OO Subtyping): Oct. 2013-Feb. 2014.
- EJUST (Automatic S/W parallelization): Mar.-June 2014.
- Domains XI (2014) and Coq7 (2015).
- Two daughters, in Apr. 2015 and in Dec. 2016.
2015-2016 (Changsha, China)
- Visiting Research Scholar (‘Foreign Expert’) at the College of Mathematics and Econometrics, Hunan University.
- Lambda calculus, denotational semantics, and domain theory.
- Proof Designer and PD 2.0.
- Domain theory monograph, and category theory.
- Visited Hong Kong (very expensize!).
- Briefly visited Beijing (in winter, very cold!), Chongqing (very dull, yet scenic!), and Shenzen (vibrant).
- Visited Guangzhou (down to earth).
2017-2019 (Alexandria, Egypt)
- Modeling OOP generics, using lattice theory and category theory.
- Java subtyping operad (JSO). Partial (poset) products (PPP). Interval types and wildcard types.
- Free/cofree parameterized types. The (Java) erasure Galois connection (EGC).
- F-algebras/F-coalgebras and C-supertypes/C-subtypes. (Co)induction and mutual (co)induction.
- Function-bounded functions and doubly F-bounded generics (DFBG).
- FTfJP’17, NWPT’17, and ACT’19. (My DBLP Profile)
2019-present (Alexandria, Egypt)
In the early 1970s my late grandfather, Mr. AbdelAziz AbdelGawad Khalil Turk, a big math fan and teacher, used his role and official job as a ministerial general manager to modernize math education in all Egyptian schools by introducing set theory in Egypt’s math curricula. (More on my kin and kindred in academia will be posted here soon.)
On the academic-lineage side, Alonzo Church (of the Church-Turing thesis, and inventor of the lambda calculus) is my academic grand-grandparent. Specifically, my academic lineage is:
Alonzo Church (Princeton) ⇒ Hartley Rogers (Princeton) ⇒ David Luckham (MIT) ⇒
Robert Cartwright (Stanford) ⇒ Moez AbdelGawad (Rice).
Back to Homepage